Ritchie Campaign Seeking Field Organizers
Are you interested in helping Democrats take back the House and stop the GOP war against workers? The Jason Ritchie for Congress campaign is looking for bright, energetic Field Organizers who will help elect a Democrat to Washington’s 8th Congressional District. This is a great opportunity for aspiring politicos who are seeking experience in electoral campaigns and wish to strengthen their resumes.
As soon as possible in May/June. Individual circumstances will be considered.Location:
Washington State’s 8th Congressional District – Parts of Pierce, Kittitas, Douglas, Chelan and King CountiesField Organizer Qualifications:
The primary responsibilities of a Field Organizer are recruiting, training, and managing campaign volunteers. Field Organizers will oversee the execution of the field plan in their assigned region by implementing direct voter contact programs, including canvasses and phone banks. Organizers will be tasked with turning out enough voters to deliver the margin of victory in a winnable swing district.
The skills needed to excel at this position include:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Commitment to working long and irregular hours as needed
- Being goal-oriented and able to follow directions under pressure
- Basic computer literacy and database skills, especially ensuring data integrity
- Campaign or community organizing experience is preferred, but not necessary
- A good sense of humor and a strong dedication to Democratic values
- Organizers must have a car and driver's license
Commensurate with experience. Supporter housing may be available.
To apply, email your resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Field Organizer" in the subject line.
The Ritchie for Congress campaign is an equal opportunity employer.